Monday, March 27, 2006

Whadda I got to, whadda I got to do to wake ya up, to shake ya up, to break the structure up

"Any system can be overwhelmed".

Nowadays, life for everyone is how to beat the system you are in. It is true for all fields ranging from education to law. The obvious question one needs to ask is: "Do we affect others' lives by doing so?"

I was with my friend at "Ascendas", sipping on a Cafe Mocha when we were talking about the loopholes in our system. Whatever problem we took, it just kept circling around various departments. Though we kept talking about "problems", there was no solution available.

Some people are open to change, but some are not. Its a simple statement, but its true. Some people succeed in changing their beliefs and ideals but some can't digest it.

Assume you have criminals locked up in a jail. If you could somehow change the criminal and manage to change him into a righteous person, then what would be the need for punishment? (reminded of "A Clockwork Orange"?). You know, kinda erase whatever is there on his brain make him a child at heart and now he is open to any new ideas and suggestions and would accept what he feels right.

Now the blame falls on the society! This is a big circle and you could go on and on. But the important point is "you can change innocent minds". Or rather, striving for a perfect society would directly relate to the education that a child receives.

Indian education is supposed to be one of the best, isnt it? But, what is it based on? The quality of Mathematics? Or, is it about the physics you learn? I would rather say the education in schools in India is rather poor. No education would be perfect unless you develop the child's personality.

Schools shape a child's character, not the parents. Many of you may tend to disagree, but I think its true. What is that school if it cant instil values in a child? Why is computer education being pushed up the level and introduced for a 4th standard student? Why does no syllabus have a subject called "Moral Education" in it? Why is there no change in the syllabus as far as moral education is concerned?

Do I still get recognised as the guy who scored 93% in his board exam? Far from it. The people who love me, love me for what my character is. What good is the score in the board exam, if I dont have friends around? What good am I if I don't have people around me who care for me? What is the use of all this gimmick if I don't have people who can mourn my death from their heart when I die?

You can only beat the system, changing it would be a difficult task. The solution to most of the problems would be to revamp the whole education system. Make strong characters out of children. Give them credit for what they are and not for how much marks they attained. Not everyone is born to be a mathematician.

The present situation can change. It would be a slow change, but a change for the good. The doorway to a bright future. The precursor to a better world. The key to life....

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger San said...

Change is difficult. But change is important. Hopefully change is for the better.

Good post. Nice.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger senti said...

good post da gode!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home