Friday, May 19, 2006

NE India pilgrimage: Day 0

After my first experience on an aeroplane, I've found flights rather boring. A 1-hour flight is quite ideal in that before you get through your refreshments slowly and read some papers, you are set for landing.

But it was a 2-hour flight from Chennai to Kolkata that I was onto, and I anticipated a boring 1-hour on the flight. It was even worse with the evening sun on my window and I, trying my best to eat slowly, finished my plate within an hour and I was left with nothing to do.

After idling for sometime, I witnessed one of the best views one could ever see on a flight. From my window, I could see the evening orange sun peeking from behind the clouds and setting out beams of rays like that you experience in a jungle, when you see the sun through the trees. The rest of the flight passed away in a flash and by the time the plane landed at the kolkata airport, it was 7 PM and well into the night.

I was all in anticipation of the trip to mountains in the north-east part of India. The sight of the sinking sun raised my spirits in a rather dull life that I am living now.

I was planning to blog the events starting from day 1 of the trip but the sunset was too good to be left out and I chronicled it as Day 0!

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Jah said...

The pictures baby, the pictures ??

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger sriganesh said...

no pictures from the plane da.... apt pictures would be presented as i proceed :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home