Tuesday, January 02, 2007

have 2 pints of beer, somersault on the dance floor, new year is here......

Its been quite a while since I blogged. So why am I blogging now? Bored, but seriously. This simulation here is taking ever so long and I cant find any other way to kill time.....

There are 2 voices speaking in me right now. I dont know what are they. Lets call them Fury and Monk.

Fury: 2 days back, it was a special day right? I heard a lot of crackers go boom, boom......
Monk: Ah, it was new year!
Fury: The day when the last digit of the year changed from '6' to '7'.
Monk: Ah, thats an insult to the occasion.
Fury: Oh, but it was just another day for me. I could see the sun rise from the east like any other day. Nothing has changed.
Monk: You mean you didnt go to any dance parties and all?
Fury: Dance Party! What is that?
Monk: You know, where people get sloshed and dance to a DJ.
Fury: But I dont drink and I dont like dancing to trance.
Monk: At least you could have chalked up some new year resolutions.
Fury: Meaning?
Monk: You know, you could wake up on January 1, 2007 and ask yourself to be forgiven for whatever sins you have committed till now and decide to be a different person with a different set of ideals.
Fury: Thats interesting. But how does a person change the person that he is?
Monk: Exactly! Thats what 'New Year' is there for!
Fury: So, whats so special with 'New Year'. Cant you do that sort of thing any day you want?
Monk: Practically you could do that. But new year is when all the people do it.
Fury: Oh great! I will confess for all my sins on my deathbed then. I will pray that there's no God to punish us and make a fuss over this. Leave me alone now. Leave me alone. Hey, where are you? Where are you man?

Monk vanished into thin air and only Fury remains now.

Fury: My best friends from Bangalore and Mumbai had come downtown to spend time with me. We went out and had a nice time. That doesnt happen always. So, thanks to days like New Year!

The fireworks started at about 2 in the morning on January 1st. Endless rocket bombs went one after the other soaring into the sky and exploding to give me a beautiful sight to behold, sitting as I was on top of a small water tank with only the faint trickle of water flowing disturbing the silence.

Fury(after a shortwhile, thinking within himself): You know this place is so cool.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger senti said...

nice post..i too have now enthu for some putting down the pen!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger sriganesh said...

go senti go!!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Bullshee said...

Good post-i liked the last line in particular......

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home